Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Morty's 25 (plus 5) Random Things About Me

I have recently become a fan of (and subsequently obsessed with) Facebook.
WARNING!
If you are not a member yet, take heed.
IT IS ADDICTING!
A substantial portion of my High School graduating class are all there, and now they are my friends. Most of them barely recognized my existence back then, but hey; that's ancient history. The reason I bring this to light now comes as a result of a note I received from an old pen-pal (see the July 2008 posting titled "AWRY Pronounced "Orrie"?) "25 Random Things About Me" is a great way to get to know a little more about those you have now come to consider as friends within the Facebook universe. I found that it was a tall order to come up with 25 random facts pertaining to myself. After careful consideration, I have also come to the conclusion that I may have eliminated a small number of tidbits that I would have liked to include. In keeping with my recently realized license to be lazy (see the previous posting for information on that) I have decided to post my facebook facts here along with some additional thoughts as well.
In the music world these would be construed as Bonus Tracks.

Morty's 25 Random Things About Me.
1. I despise the apartment we currently call home. It is far too small for three of us, but due to the current economic climate (and some pretty foolish financial decisions) we are trapped there.
2. I have always been more of a follower, never a leader
3. I am absloutely convinced that it is not what you know, It's WHO you know.
4. I am a huge fan of the Partridge Family, own all of their CD's and know the lyrics to no less than 95% of their tunes
5. I don't like award shows and have little interest in most films that receive the "Oscar Buzz."
6. I have always been a morning person.
7. I have abominable handwriting and can no longer write in script.
8. I have little interest in anything political, and believe that most of our chosen leaders care only for themselves.
9. One of my favorite movies of all time is "The Gumball Rally."
10. I can totally live without my cell phone.
11. I love country music.
12. I am petrified of the doctor.
13. I would love to lose thirty pounds
14. My favorite place in the world is Key West
15. I would love to write a novel
16. I never stop worrying about the inevitable days ahead when my son will no longer look up to me.
17. I always wanted rock and roll hair, or a cool pony tail.
18. I avoid confrontation.
19. I often wish there really was a "Fantasy Island".
20. I would like to try horseback riding one day.
21. I love the sound of seagulls at the beach.
22. I have little use for religion after being told by an over-zealous, misguided relative that "Harry Potter" was killing my child.
23. I love to walk.
24. I am a Beach Boys fanatic
25. I still LOVE White Castle.

Bonus Tracks (Facts)

26. I have never owned a real suit
27. I concur with my wife and can go for an Extreme Makeover
28. I will never be a fan of Howard Stern
29. I used to love Roller Coasters and insane thrill rides. Now I feel I have gotten too old for that type of rush. (There is no way that going from 0 to 120 in less than a few seconds can be good for you).
30. I have little interest in and no use whatsoever for The Beatles.
There it is, Morty in a nutshell and another posting in for January. Please feel free to comment and don't forget to check in at unknown80s.blogspot.com with a new posting only days away. Now get yourself on Facebook if you haven't done so already.
More friends, more friends...

No comments: